Selecting a Leather Watch Band:
Following are answers to the most common questions we receive concerning how to choose and order a leather watch band. If you can't find an answer to your question here, please contact us.
- How do I know what size leather watch band I need?
- How do I know if the watch band I purchase will fit my watch?
- If I provide my watch model, can you tell me what size band I need?
- Are spring bars (pins) provided with the watch bands?
- What if the leather watch band I want has the wrong color buckle?
- Will you install the clasp if I order a leather watch band and deployant?
- From where will my watch band be shipped?
- What do "Special Order" and "Advance Order" mean?
Measure the distance between the lugs (where your watch band connects to the watch) on your watch.
View step-by-step instructions.
Remember that there are two sizes to consider:
1) Width of the watch band; and
2) Length of the watch band.
An 18mm watch band refers to its width where it connects to the watch case. Length is typically referred to as short, regular, long, or extra-long. These designations identify the length of the watch band as it fits around your wrist.
Generally speaking, we cannot. There are thousands of models and no centralized database that provides lug width information. Although we may know a few sizes for some popular models, your best bet is to follow the sizing guide.
The Watch Prince cannot guarantee that any band will fit any particular watch. The best way to obtain the proper fit is to follow the instructions in our step-by-step guide. However, you may return any watch band which has not been worn or altered for a full refund, less shipping charges. See our return policy for more information on returning watch bands.
Generally, spring bars (watch band pins) are provided with watch bands sold on this site. However, watch band manufacturers do not provide them with their watch bands, so spring bar inclusion is subject to availability. They are readily available from many jewelers or you might try using the original pins. The Watch Prince also offers spring bars, separately, if you need additional sets.
We can change the buckle color for you. Generally, if the strap you want has a gold-tone buckle, it can be replaced with a silver buckle and vice versa.
When viewing an available item, if a buckle color substitution is available, you will see text reading “Change buckle color?” immediately above the “Add to Cart” button. Simply click in the checkbox next to color change instructions in that area and the instructions will carry through to our order fulfillment department.
Some straps have unique buckles and color substitutions are not available. When this is the case for a specific strap, the "Change buckle color?" question and checkbox will not appear.
Yes. To request installation, write “Install Clasp” in the Comments section that appears at the bottom of the One Page Checkout page.
Watch bands are shipped from The Watch Prince offices in Tuckahoe, New York, 10707. Details about how quickly we ship, shipping methods, etc. are available on our shipping page.
Typically, our products are in-stock and will ship the same or next business day (see shipping page for more details) but we also offer many products which aren't currently stocked in our warehouse — these items will be described as either "Special Order" or "Advance Order" items.
- Special Order items are generally not kept on hand and will be requested from the vendor when an order is placed. As soon as the item arrives, it will be shipped to you. This
extra step adds additional days to the order process. Special Order items are identified with a big blue dot
and an estimated shipping time on the product detail page right above the "Add
to Cart" button.
- Advance Order items are usually popular sellers which are generally kept on hand but have temporarily sold out. Our supply for these items is replenished on a regular basis, however, so we have made these items available for advance order. As soon as the item arrives, it will be shipped to you. Advance Order items are identified with a big purple dot and an estimated shipping time on the product detail page right above the "Add to Cart" button.